Although I prefer rather light Mediterranean cuisine in general, sometimes I really need a heavy dish. And this dish is so badass that its meat gets beaten although it is already dead.
Stefan's Schnitzel mit Kartoffensalat
Recipe type: Main
For the schnitzel
- 400gr veal, cut into 4 1cm slices
- 4 eggs
- bread crumbs
For the salad
- 6 potatoes, boiled until soft and cooled
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 4 big prickled cucumbers
- sunflower oil
- Smash the schnitzel (with a wooden hammer) to break up the fibers, until almost double it's sized or half cm thin.
- Salt and pepper and then bread them by covering them first flour, then beaten egg and finally bread crumbs.
- Fry in a pan with about half cm olive oil at medium to high heat until golden.
- Peel and cut into thick slices the cooked potatoes.
- Peel and cut into fine slices the raw cucumber.
- Cut the pickled cucumber into small cubes.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and season with a bit of water, sugar, salt, pepper, vinagre and oil, to taste. Let sit for as long as possible for the flavors to settle.
- Serve the schnitzel with a side of salad and a selection of sauces like German mustard or blueberry jam. Enjoy!