Super powered risotto, the basque way! My dad started cooking this dish some years ago and now it was time to transfer the knowledge to the next generation.
Recipe type: Main
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- A couple of txistorras
- Meat broth
- Meat broth tablet
- 100 g Idiazabal cheese
- Olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes on small dices of about 1 cm.
- Cut the onion and garlic and sauté them slowly for 5 minutes with some salt and pepper.
- Crumble the meat broth tablet and put it with the onion and the garlic.
- Cut the txistorra and put it on the casserole. Stir it for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato dices to the casserole, a bit more of oil and sauté it. Don’t stop stirring.
- Mix 50% water and 50% meat broth and cover the rest of ingredients in the casserole.
- Keep moving it for about 8 min, simmering as if it was a risotto.
- Take the casserole out of the fire, cover it and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the parsley and the idiazabal cheese and add to the casserole.
- Put the egg yolk on top of the patatotto, and mix it right before serving it. Enjoy!