Back at home, in the Basque Country, Unai’s father is who does the cooking, and he doesn’t like fish. So when he is not around, his mother always takes the chance to prepare this simple, yet delicious typical Spanish dish.
Hake in Green Sauce
Recipe type: Main
- 1.5 kg hake
- 500 gr clams
- 2 handfuls of parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Clean the clams and cut the hake into large pieces.
- Put a sliced garlic clove in a large pan covered with 5mm of olive oil at medium heat, then remove garlic when brown and leave oil to cool.
- Chop the parsley and two garlic cloves, add two tbsp of flour, a cup of water and process until homogenous.
- Coat the hake cuts with flour, only the meaty part, leaving the skin clean. Place them in the pan with oil, skin facing down, sprinkled with a handful of chopped parsley.
- Set it to medium-low heat and cook for about 15 min, continously agitating the pan so it doesn't stick, keeping the oil at a slight boil, until you see the meat is almost cooked.
- Add the sauce, sprinkle with salt, add the clams, and keep agitating on medium heat until most clams open.
- Serve warm and enjoy!