Filipino Chicken Adobo
- 4 chicken legs, jointed
- 1 large onion, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Generous splashes of soy sauce
- Splash of vinegar (optional)
- Olive oil
- In a large pot, mix together all the ingredients until the chicken is coated. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium and cook about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Preheat the oven grill to super high. Place the chicken pieces skin side up on an oven tray and cook under the grill until the skin gets crispy.
- Simmer the leftover cooking sauce until thickened.
- Serve with steamed white rice. Drizzle the sauce all over the rice and chicken.
Pictures coming soon…